Monday, January 31, 2011

un taco de carne asada por favor






This was my least favorite of all the tacos. I definitely prefered the steak as leftovers in my salad the next day. I'm not a steak fan, but I did find this steak quite delicious. This would be a great recipe for fajitas.


taco de carne asada
1 1/2 lb flap steak
4 limes, juiced
2 oranges, juiced
2 lemons, juiced
1/2 dark beer such as negra modelo
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 c cilantro, chopped
1/2 c olive oil 

Whisk together the citrus, beer, garlic, cilantro and olive oil.  Marinate steak for 1-8 hours.

Grill each side on medium-high for about 10 minutes, or until done. Let rest for 5 minutes. Slice against the grain. Do this by first cutting the steak in thirds. Turn the steak 90 degrees and make thin slices.


No comments:

Post a Comment